Job Title: Flex Supervisor
Business Area: Utilities - Telecoms
Join Kier, connect to your future.
Kier are a preferred Tier 1 Supplier to Openreach, operating in Hampshire and Berkshire. We are currently looking to recruit a Flex Supervisor to work across the region focusing on the Ethernet Turnkey and Fibre new sites Workstreams.
As the Flex Supervisor you will be part of our delivery team who are responsible for end to end delivery of fibre and copper network build programmes and Point to point fibre connections for business on the turnkey program. The successful applicant would need to be from a strong flex / fibre background, with Openreach network experience.
As the Flex Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Field Support of operational direct labour teams - flex & civils
- Support of Supply chain - subcontractor delivery
- Attend all required meetings both client & Kier / Supply chain
- In-depth knowledge of Openreach specifications & documentation is desirable
- Co-ordination of work stack in line with delivery programme, ensuring delays are minimised by resolving operational issues to enable swift job closure and invoicing
- Lead and develop a team to successfully meet and exceed both Kier/Openreach expectations
- Jeopardy managing of works to ensure that the required by date delivery and volume delivery targets are met
- Ensure staff/operatives are regularly monitored and motivated to deliver the highest possible standards
- Ensuring prompt and accurate completion and return of relevant compliance documentation
- Ensuring relevant Health and Safety standards are followed and achieved
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in Telecoms, Openreach specifically.
- Experienced in FTTP build - Fibre cable installation / splicing / testing.
- The ability to motivate, manage and grow a successful team
- Strong previous experience of the Communications industry at a similar level
- Able to drive/have a valid UK driving license
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products - word, excel etc.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and exceed client expectations
- Previous experience of a similar role in a similar workstream
- SSSTS or SMSTS (desirable)
- MT003, SA001 and SA002 Accreditations
- Other Openreach Accreditations desirable (N27, N28, E1)
- SSSTS or SMSTS (desirable)
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor (desirable)
You can also expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes:
- Access to our valuable pension scheme Matched
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Let's shape your world together.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th January 2021