As a Television Licence Field Officer, you will visit customers currently without a TV licence at addresses throughout the Bognor Regis area helping them firstly understand and comply with the legislation behind the TV licence, explaining how they can obtain one, and enabling them to find a payment plan that works for them.
- You'll be rewarded with £30,000 annual salary
- You will also receive either a company car which includes personal use, or a £3700 annual car allowance paid monthly.
- In addition, you will receive a mileage allowance (paid in line with published HMRC rates). In addition to mileage completed between visits we also pay this allowance from and to your home address each day.
- Working hours: You'll be working a 36.5-hour week on a flexible shift pattern, with a potential of a four-day working week.
- Location: You will be home-based and spend your shift visiting people in communities across your region, Ideally you will be living in the PO20
- Conduct door to door visits to properties where no TV licence is registered.
- Listen to customer reasoning for not having a licence and make an informed decision on next steps.
- Accurately record visit details and complete daily timesheets via the handheld device.
- Explain and sell the benefits of all licence payment schemes.
- Take and accurately record payment details.
- Attend court when required to give evidence in prosecution cases.
- Carry out work and attend meetings as directed by the Visiting Manager.
- Taking Records of Interview under caution.
What you'll need to bring:
- It's essential that you have a full UK Driving Licence.
- You'll need to be physically mobile, as you'll be visiting multiple locations on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an excellent standard of both verbal and written English.
- Similar previous experience is not essential - we have colleagues who excel from a diverse range of backgrounds, whether that's customer service, retail, sales, ex-Armed Forces or security, however, there is one thing in common - excellent communication skills.
What's in it for you?
An opportunity to develop new skills and confidence in a role that keeps you active, supported by a network of colleagues working to keep the community connected to their favourite live programmes.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 pa
- Company car which includes personal use, or a £3700 annual car allowance paid monthly.
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 28) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more.
- As part of our safeguarding commitment, we'll provide a range of safe working measures including the provision of body worn video cameras for all colleagues.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to up to £500 of your salary before payday each month, as well as budgeting and savings features to support your financial wellbeing.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You'll receive four weeks of both engaging virtual classroom training and one-to-one training in your working location with one of our experienced trainers. Your two weeks of virtual classroom training will take you through the key aspects of your role, building a strong foundation for you to accelerate your growth as a Visiting Officer.
The one-to-one support in the Field will follow on from this, further enhancing your knowledge and skill within the Field, with hands-on exposure covering the important aspects of the role, such as how you approach and interact with our customers, how to use our technology and the best way to excel following our processes and policies.
Our on-going support is also what makes us stand out from the rest, with both a management and coaching team that is not only experienced but will help you grow and exceed your own expectations and progress your career, whether that's into a management role or within the wider business.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.