Temp. Data Mapping Assistant (Grade C) 1876023
- Job Reference: Ref:1876023
- Date Posted: 4 May 2021
- Employer: Greater Manchester Police
- Location: Greater Manchester
- Salary: £19,452 to £20,706
- Sector: Law enforcement & Security, Law
- Job Type: Part Time
- Duration: Secondment
An exciting secondment opportunity has become available to join the project team within the Change and Transformation branch to deliver General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) compliance across the force. The secondment will be for a minimum period of 7 months.
The project covers three phases: identifying the information assets that GMP holds that contain personal data, across districts and branches; identifying where these assets are not compliant with GDPR and DPA regulations; closing these compliance gaps.
The project team comprises officers and staff from the Change and Transformation branch, the Information Management unit and GDPR experts from outside the Organisation.
The Data Mapping Assistant role will involve providing support for the Data Compliance Officers (DCO's) as they identify where non-compliance exists and planning what is required to correct it. During the final phase the role will involve providing support for the DCO's along with staff in districts and branches to close these compliance gaps.
The role is Agile however due to the COVID restrictions it will be home based until GMP advice changes.
Although no certification / formal training in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) is required in order to apply for the role, a willingness to gain experience in this area and to undertake any training that may be offered is essential once in post.
To express an interest in this opportunity, please answer the following four questions, submitting your answers on the attached Expressions of Interest form, you should use no more than 500 words per question.
1. Outline how you have developed your own skills and knowledge.
2. Outline your experience dealing with various levels of management, staff and officers in GMP.
3. Outline your experience where you have trained and supported staff/officers.
4. Outline your experience of managing concurrent pieces of work .