Test Automation Lead
As a Barclays Test Automation Lead, you will be responsible to work with multiple business aligned scrum teams to conduct performance-based testing, engineering, and monitoring activities. The engineer will work with the scrum teams and members from a central Performance Engineering team to test the performance of the systems, documenting issues, and work with whomever it takes to determine root cause of any issues. The measure of success is preventing any significant performance problems from hitting Production at a large scale.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Working with Business, development groups, architects to conduct business performance testing to ensure performance, stability and scalability of applications
• Utilizing diagnostic and monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc. to measure, detect, isolate and resolve issues during application development testing
• Instrumenting Java calls/Methods on AppDynamics for performance testing and migrate the calls to monitor the applications calls performance in production systems
• Reporting on the possibilities of performance failures and making sound decisions for next steps and measuring results against business and technical requirements
• Understanding and writing utilities using Python/Java for the automation of Performance Test cycle
• Measuring, monitoring and capturing required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports
• Developing and validating test scripts against business unit-of-work requirements and scripting best practices
• Prioritizing, managing initiatives supporting lines of business and working with senior engineers to recommend resolutions for the application going live in production
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent skills with Load Runner/HP Performance Center required script creation using VuGen for Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, protocols to emulate the application
• Able to ensure all scripts are appropriately correlated, parameterized, with any check points, think time need to be added, etc
• Experienced with monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics, vmstat, iostat, htop and Splunk
• Experienced with testing applications on cloud-based environment, and experienced with testing DB’s like Mongo DB and Oracle DB’s
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Conceptual Understanding/Hands on of AIX, VMware, Tomcat, SQL Server, Oracle, etc
• Prior experience/knowledge of working with Banking Domain/Application
• Prior experience with Tuning/optimization of .NET/J2EE Applications
• Experience in writing simple monitoring and data extraction tools in Java, Python, and/or Unix shell
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in Glasgow. We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy. The hiring manager for the role will discuss the appropriate defined time in office for the role with you as part of the application process.
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.