Join us as a Testing Analyst
- We’ll look to you to undertake testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality, to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles
- You’ll be supporting the delivery of testing projects, identifying impact and managing resulting change
- Joining a collaborative team, you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of key stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Testing Analyst, you’ll be supporting the completion of system integration, user acceptance and regression testing within release schedule deadlines, and escalating issues identified during testing to make sure adequate resolution or workaround is implemented.
You’ll be proactively identifying areas for improvement, escalating through appropriate governance routes and working with others to ensure fit for purpose, client centric solutions. We’ll look to you to provide a technical point of reference to the department on a day-to-day basis, and act as the first point of contact on key issues with associated internal and external businesses.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Providing support in highlighting all software, including non functional requirements and hardware requirements and making sure that the test environment is fit for purpose through smoke or sanity testing
- Understanding and analysing testing requirements, working with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects
- Reviewing, analysing and providing feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy
- Producing test plans to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to the test strategy
- Establishing and building relationships to facilitate the achievement of goals and support the momentum of projects throughout the project lifecycle
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so you’ll need to demonstrate practical experience in designing, planning and executing functional testing, along with proven application of testing methodologies. Good communication and organisational skills will also be crucial.
You'll also bring:
- Strong analytical skills and basic knowledge of non-functional testing types
- Good UI test automation experience and the ability to analyse, develop, maintain and execute automation scripts
- Proficiency in scripting or programming languages such as VB.Net in Silk Test, Java or C#
- A good understanding of data-driven test automation frameworks, SDLC concepts, UI object identification and XPath
- Experience of working with tools like Silk Central, Jira, Reporting for Confluence, TeamCity, Jenkins, Git or Bitbucket