Third Line Linux Engineer
Are you proactive, determined Third Line support engineer with proven hand on skills? Can you adapt to new challenges and work flexibly across multiple accounts within a large support team? Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to deliver an effective third line service to high levels of customer satisfaction? This is your world and your opportunity to transform it for the better.
The Defence Joint Service Centre (DJSC)
The DJSC are looking for a Third Line Shared Service Support Engineer to work collaboratively across our accounts within the shared service. Your role will involve direct technical support for all of services in the DJSC as part of the 3rd Line Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the DNS SD-WAN Service. The engineer will also work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use across the shared service and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Experience working in a ‘3rd’ line support teams
- Ideally Have knowledge of Linux and using MS Service Center Support tool
- Ideally have been in a support role in a Managed Service tooling environments, i.e. has knowledge of DC and Virtualisation solutions
The types of activities to be undertaken are:
- Investigation of issues relating to the shared service:
- Bash & Shell Scripts
- Fujitsu RX hardware
- Generation of Support documentation
- To work with and alongside development engineers for Skill transfer
- The reception of escalated fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- Work 8x5 and part of OOH Shift cover team
Engineers allocated to Shared Service are responsible for the following:
- Re-Installation (including method statements)
- Service handover (including handover documentation)
- System Monitoring & Event management (office hours)
- On Call support
- Collation of Performance & Availability Data
- 3rd line engineers require a high level of technical knowledge of the products in scope and its implementation
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do more and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full self to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Not only are we a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBT+.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organization, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.