Join our community.
The role will support the Third Party Risk Management Lead in driving a multi-year Procurement transformation programme through robust adherence to supplier risk policies with regards to Santander internal and relevant external policies. The role helps ensure that quality, compliance, and cost-effectiveness of work delivered by suppliers meets Santander's expectations. This role will be accountable for managing and mitigating all risks related to external vendors which supports the transformation to an industry leading Procurement function. The delivery model should support the enablement of industry leading value for Santander.
The difference you'll make.
- Developing appropriate Procurement risk and governance models and ensure that 3rd party exposure is managed in a robust manner and in line with relevant Santander and regulatory requirements
- Supporting Third Party Risk Management programme process and technologies
- Supporting creation of a common view and language for all supplier risk related terminology across the organisation
- Developing and maintaining a Third-Party Risk Management Framework to enable the timely identification, assessment, management, and reporting of third-party risks
- Developing and ensuring implementation of recommendations through detailed action plans to mitigate identified risks, including those associated with business continuity
- Working with Digital Procurement Lead to develop a technology strategy which builds on and enhances the current platform including the use of advanced capabilities such as Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence
- Ensuring that effective third-party risk management processes operate across the Bank regarding the on-boarding, on-going management, and exit of supplier contracts
- Providing all categories and business stakeholders with an approach focused on reducing touch points and increasing speed/cycle time reduction
What you'll bring.
- In depth understanding and experience in Third-Party Risk Management Policies and Standards
- Experience in process re-designing
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Proven experience within Financial Services
- Proficient with Coupa, Ariba, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent role situated in Milton Keynes and is currently Office/Home based. You will be expected to attend the Milton Keynes office 2-3 days per week.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year (remove for SLB roles)
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.