Trade Compliance Manger G&D | United Kingdom | GB14379
As Trade Compliance Manager will provide expert trade compliance support across the Kuehne + Nagel business units, including advice from bid through to operational implementation, audit, training and reporting on compliance performance; implement and agree education and training programmes for the business units to increase compliance awareness and understanding; develop, agree, deliver and manage compliance reporting throughout the business units and inform the business of results; liaise with the wider KN to ensure that knowledge remains current and have input in the KNUK Customs and Trade Compliance (C&TC) Strategy. **Please note this role requires full security clearance at the highest level**
- Support KN-Government and Defence operations in ensuring those KN business units compliance with KN Trade Compliance (TC) Policy and regulations.
- Provide Export Control Support, including US Export, Re-export, deemed export and any country restrictions, for both military and dual use export controlled client activity to KN Bidding, Sales & Operations.
- Provide Customs Support as with exports controls to KN Bidding, Sales and Operations.
- Provide support on KN AEO Customs and Security compliance
- Adhere to the Rules of engagement between, KN/Leidos and the customer
- Create, Review and adapt as required an audit program covering the above subject areas ensuring alignment with the National and Regional Audit program.
- Lead and be the driving force of joint (Leidos/KN) projects to address and resolve trade compliance issues in alignment with overall KNUK C&TC processes and Trade Compliance policy
- Develop a Training program, aligned with country materials and ensure regular training sessions are held with KN personnel on Trade and Compliance and export controls to increase awareness on the subject matter, KN requirements and maintain records of attendance evidencing Name, location, training subject and date.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A least 5 years Customs & Trade Compliance Experience
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience of Export Customs Controls, ITAR, EAR
- Excellent knowledge of Customs process, procedures and Inco-terms
- Experience with UK Ministry of Defence or defence industry an advantage
- Flexible - ability to respond to sudden operational demands requiring immediate change of focus
- Ability to travel and stay overnight on a regular basis in support of daily operations
- Please note this role is subject to full security clearance at the highest level.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our UK Government & Defense team, we will make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment and expertise. This role offers a competitive salary, company car / car allowance, performance related bonus, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), life assurance and private health insurance. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme, which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.