Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing
The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the ‘Trade Effluent Team’ working at the Crossness Sewage Treatment Works in Abbey Wood.
The Trade Effluent Team is a group within Engineering & Asset that provides a company-wide focus for the issue of legal documentation to industries that discharge Trade Effluent and groundwater into Thames Water's foul sewerage system. The team also monitors and controls the risk posed by these discharges and raises the associated income to defined targets.
You'll be in a key position, delivering front-line customer service from telephone calls, emails, and letters. You'll also provide general office support such as data entry, administration, and filing.We’re looking for you to:
What’s in it for you?
- Take ownership of customer queries, being curious to fully understand the query and identify the best solution to resolve it the first time
- Have excellent written and verbal communication as well as strong social skills, to clearly interact with our customers
- Be analytically minded and possess strong attention to detail
- Deliver exceptional customer service through a passionate and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Have a full driving licence as you will be required to drive around Thames Water’s catchment area
This is a small, but high-profile team that protects Thames Water's assets and the environment from trade effluent and groundwater discharge into the public sewers. The role will allow you to build working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.