At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
You'll join us in the Trading Book Capital Management team, where we have a broad remit. We're responsible for monitoring and reporting on LBG's required capital for market risk and counterparty credit risk (CCR) internally to senior management, other partners and externally. We prepare LBG for upcoming regulations, contribute towards maintaining and developing LBG's internal model approach permission for market risk and act as LBG's point of contact with the PRA for the trading book. We provide reporting to the PRA and a number of sections for the external public disclosures such as Pillar3 and the Annual Report and Accounts.
We're a small, professional team, usually based in Gresham Street. We're currently working remotely, but over time anticipate we'll split our working week between home and the office.
Forming part of the wider Market Risk function, you'll benefit from opportunities to broaden your exposure to market risk and the wider risk teams, asset classes and a breadth of future career and development opportunities!
What you'll be doing
You'll provide specific SME expertise covering CCR reporting, regulatory reporting plus support various adhoc requests from the PRA/BOE or internally.
Accountabilities will include:
- Production of the monthly internal and regulatory returns, including explaining the drivers for the figures to senior colleagues and other key individuals.
- Ensuring LBG is compliant with the large number of regulatory requirements covering trading book market risk, CCR, large exposures, settlement risk and prudential valuation adjustment.
- Responsibility for various external disclosures and regulatory reporting performed on a quarterly basis.
- Leading the preparations for specific pieces of future regulations.
- Building tools for data acquisition and analysis. This includes calculation tools to assist with the management of capital, as well as automation tools to improve accuracy and reduce operational risk regarding data acquisition for the capital calculations. Tools developed are generally Excel-based, however Access is also used to deal with larger datasets.
What you can bring to the role
- At least a 2.1 degree, preferably in a mathematical, science or engineering subject, plus an MSc or equivalent relevant professional qualification (such as CFA or MCT) PLEASE GIVE A COUPLE OF EG OF WHAT QUAL THIS MAY BE)
- Exposure to market risk for traded products (Repo, Rates, FX, Credit, MM and structured transactions etc.) and core risk measures (sensitivities, VaR, SVaR, Incremental Risk Charge) gained within a Banking environment
- Detailed knowledge of risk management practices that apply to commercial banks
- Experienced with developing robust spreadsheet and/or Access tools.
- Knowledge of CCR and credit valuation adjustment required capital calculations
- Advanced use of VBA and SQL would be helpful.
- Knowledge of upcoming regulations including the new standardised approach CCR and the new market risk model framework (FRTB) would be useful but not necessary. There will be opportunity to build up knowledge on the relevant regulations within the team to become a key point of contact on regulatory requirements.
So what can we offer you in return?
We'll reward you with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.