We have fantastic opportunities in South East London, with Clarkes of London, part of National Express Transport Solutions (NXTS), for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified Coach Driver! You could be connecting our customers and be part of the team providing fantastic customer service that we are known for.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a professional Coach Driver with Clarkes of London may be the perfect job for you. Adventure awaits!
By joining us as a Trainee Coach Driver, you will enter our Driving Academy where you will learn from one of our many talented Driver Training Instructors. You will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your new challenge with NXTS and Clarkes of London. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Coach Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
Full PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) training worth over £3,000 providing you with a qualification for life
Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
Guidance whilst passing all modules of the PCV licence acquisition
CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualification
Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time, including company specific training
Once you have successfully completed your PCV qualification, you will be working with our welcoming team based in Lower Sydenham. You’ll be required to drive on National Express service routes, as well as carrying out Private Hire contracts.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- £12.50 per hour, once qualified £13.00 for private hire and £14.20 for NX route work
- Entry into a Monthly Prize Draw of £500*
- Guaranteed 40 hours of work per week (overtime available)
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
- Free uniform provided for your role
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- Paid annual leave
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- To reward you for your dedication, we offer fantastic long service awards at key milestones
*Terms and conditions apply