Job Title: Vehicle Trainer- 78 week FTC
Location: Lyneham, UK
Compensation: £35,453+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45789
It starts with you
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Trainer at Lyneham.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
Defence Training & TMASS
The Vehicle Trainer role is based within Defence Training
The difference our new Vehicle Trainer will make
As a Vehicle Trainer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible to ensure student development through monitoring, feedback, discipline and training interventions.
Day to day, you'll prepare and deliver course modules within the trade training department, reviewing course material and content to ensure it is up to date and develop and maintain to support equipment and technology advances.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* You will need to hold a minimum Level 3 Qualification in a related discipline
* You will need a minimum Level 3 in NVQ Vehicle repairs
* Teaching experience is desirable will be put through the Level 4 qualification
* We will need you to be passionate, positive and articulate
* IT Literate - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 10 bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 6% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.