Telecoms Operational Trainer Location:
Basingstoke / Pershore Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, Full Time Connecting people, powering the UK.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role Responsibilities:
What we need from you? Experience and skills required:
- Design and delivery of impactful learning interventions.
As a skilled trainer you must be able to demonstrate you can attain and maintain the required level of knowledge and skills to carry out the role effectively and efficiently. They must be able to demonstrate how to Prepare, Open, Run and Close a Training Session meeting the minimum standard.
- Deliver ROI evidence
The trainer is accountable for the performance of training they deliver. Feedback must be sought at the end of each session and a measure of learning transfer will be captured.
- Plan and utilise time
The trainer must maximise time by providing operational support, production of new training and constant personal development meeting a minimum of 80% utilisation.
- Demonstrate Kier values alongside the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of your role.
- Drive the cultural shift for L&D across the business by promoting learning and driving traffic through the internal training page as well as champion MyKier learning as a centralised learning portal.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be able to communicate effectively at all business levels
- Ability to complete and return all documentation in a timely manner
- You will need to have a minimum of 3 years' experience within the construction industry and have experience at management / supervisory level.
- You must have sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge and experience of the conditions, problems, pressures, practices and legal issues which affect carrying out construction work as reflected in the course programme.
- Must have an understanding of all Microsoft office packages
- Telecoms training accreditation and delivery (technical, craft and Safety)
- L3 Award in education & Training or equivalent
- Relevant occupational skills and qualifications
- Driving Licence
What can you expect from us?
- Small Tools Instructor (Abrasive Wheels, Cat and Genny, Manual Handling)
- SMSTS / SSSTS and experience of delivering Health, safety and environment training
- NVQ Assessor experience (IQA)
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case by case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
30/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.