WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That's why we're building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
In this critical role within Line 2 Financial Crime (FC), you'll be an integral part of our FC Controls, Models & Analytics team.
You'll provide effective oversight of Transaction Monitoring model processes, including reporting obligations to the respective governance fora within Financial Crime Compliance and Model Risk.
If you have previous experience in a similar role, this is a great opportunity to develop your career.
The difference you'll make.
- Supporting the Line 2 FC function in defining and executing a robust FC risk management framework
- Being responsible for the oversight of Transaction Monitoring, ensuring processes and controls are designed and operating effectively
- Providing robust check and challenge of current FC controls and processes and advising on amendments
- Ensuring good governance and providing oversight of all enhancement activities
- Supporting the definition and oversight of calibration methodologies across all models
- Delivering presentations to internal & external stakeholders, both in written and verbal format
What you'll bring.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Transaction Monitoring Models with experience of providing oversight or advice from a Line 2 perspective
- Proven track record of providing robust check and challenge to stakeholders with the ability to explain technical terms in non-technical language
It would also be nice for you to have.
- An understanding of data analytics and relevant tools such as, SQL, SAS, R and Python
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data/issues, to extract results and to present key conclusions
- Confident communicator with the ability to complete outputs for different audiences, including senior management
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent role located in our Milton Keynes offices, we are operating on a hybrid basis which is a combination of office and home working.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that's why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What to do next:
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site.