Join us as a Transaction Monitoring Strategy and Design Lead
- Joining our Transaction Monitoring function, you’ll be identifying and reporting suspicions of money laundering
- You’ll be performing a senior and expert subject matter expert role and translating internal and external developments into strategy and requirements
- This is an opportunity to gain valuable exposure as you maintain an industry network to keep pace with industry developments, best practices and innovation
What you'll do
As a Transaction Monitoring Strategy and Design Lead, you’ll be acting as our senior transaction monitoring and financial crime subject matter expert, providing in-house consultancy support and designing, driving and evolving the target operating model for Transaction Monitoring across our end-to-end capabilities.
You’ll also be:
- Designing and managing senior management reporting and oversight to key end-to-end MI
- Supporting the Head of Transaction Monitoring to oversee, coordinate and monitor the end-to-end Transaction Monitoring process
- Aligning the organisational approach to industry best practices and regulatory expectations, engaging with all with key stakeholders
- Setting strategic priorities and timelines or roadmaps for delivery, and monitoring and reporting the progress across the full book of work
- Agreeing the key outcomes and risk appetite for end-to-end Transaction Monitoring and monitoring performance against outcomes and appetite
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a robust and broad understanding of regulatory frameworks, coupled with strong experience of delivering transaction monitoring capability in financial services.
In addition, you’ll need wide ranging knowledge of external and internal AML and counter terrorist financing environments, as well as strong knowledge of AML legislation, systems, policies and procedures and their practical application to mitigate risks.
You’ll also need:
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills
- Operational management experience, including delivering both local and transformational change
- The ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Deep subject matter expertise in financial services industry best practices, particularly in AML, and knowledge of UK regulatory requirements
- An understanding and experience of key AML systems and tools, and how these can be developed to support the AML agenda and strategy