Hatton Traffic Management is a leading provider of traffic management services across the UK. Established in 1976, Hatton has developed into a major force within the highways and utilities sectors, working closely with our clients as a key part of their integrated supply chain. We currently have nine locations in the UK that cover the country from Aberdeen to London with clients spread across multiple sectors.
We are now looking for a Transport & Asset Foreman to join the team in our Doncaster Depot.
In this role you will be working within the company's Transport & Asset Department from 08:00 to 16:30 (Monday to Friday) meeting the operational requirements of transport and assets which include:
- Action vehicle defects ensuring a cost-effective repair and vehicles are kept road worthy.
- Carry out minor vehicle repairs. (Bulbs/Lenses/Mirrors).
- Investigate damage and accidents.
- Maintain and update vehicle resource and stock on Field Service system.
- Traffic Light fleet management - including on and off hires, battery control, damage and repairs, and performance testing.
- Spot checks on all vehicles and report on operative performance to supervisor.
- Assist in all other transport management administration where required.
- Carry out periodic asset/stock checks across the region.
- Stock procurement for region and maintenance of the asset register including transfers, damages, and scrapped stock.
- Maintain stock of vehicle consumables for minor defect repairs.
- Yard condition & maintenance.
- Stock organisation, repair, and condition maintenance.
- Vehicle loading/unloading.
- Vinyl machine operation and special signs manufacture.
- Carry out weekly walk round checks (Transport and QHSE) and action relevant non-conformances.
- COSHH control.
- Manage the depot PPE.
- Be the SHE representative for the region.
Required Skills & Experience
- Full UK Driving Licence (with less than 6 points).
- Counterbalance Fork-Lift License (preferred but not essential).
- First Aider / Fire Marshall (preferred but not essential).
- National Safety Passport holder (preferred but not essential).
- Good communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Organised with attention to detail.