BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Transport First Line Manager
Salary: £25,000- £30,000 (dependent on experience)
Shift Pattern: NIGHTS Sunday - Thursday or Monday - Friday
Shift Allowance: TBC
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Contracted House: 37.5 hours per week (+ unpaid breaks)
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, "Best Place to Work."
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Run the day to day transport operation for a multi contracted site, ensuring that all routes are despatched from site on time
- Ensure the 68 drivers are legal and compliant on a daily and weekly basis and ensure clear communication between all functions within the transport department and the warehouse team
- Manage the transport clerical team including 2 Front Desk Operators and 2 Transport Admin
- To lead the work activities of the drivers and the transport clerical team, providing effective leadership, communication, motivation, training and development
- Carry out investigations
- To carry out staff reviews and appraisals
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Be able to work a NIGHT shift
- Previous experience of managing a transport team
- Previous experience of working within a transport/fleet environment
- Literacy and numeracy essential
- Full understanding of Road Transport Directive Legislation
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.