Transport Supervisor | United Kingdom MOD | GB11346
Kuehne + Nagel are seeking to appoint a Road Transport Supervisor to work within a small but dedicated team.
The key responsibilities will be to ensure the transport department operates in a safe, compliant and efficient manner which is fully compliant with all legislation. Tasking drivers and assets to meet delivery schedules and delivering a first class service to our customer within budget. The post will be responsible for the compliant movement of ADR products, specifically ADR Class 1 and Non ADR goods as required.
- Responsible for taking care of the Health and Safety and to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and conservation of energy
- Reporting and investigation accidents/incidents with the tight contracted timelines. Responsibility for compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding Operator Licence, H&S, service quality, drivers hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of WTD.
- Responsible for the Briefing and Debriefing of Drivers and Escorts. Perform regular checks on DG Notes, VORs, fuel cards, Toll Cards, tasking sheets and associated documentation ensuring a robust programme for Health and Safety standards,
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Full UK Drivers Licence (Essential). CPC National holder (Desirable)
- Proven Transport knowledge and experience. Excellent working knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Flexible leadership style with ability to motivate staff to achieve results.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and you will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing UK.Resourcing@Kuehne-Nagel.com