Transport Support Manager | Foston, United Kingdom | GB11298
We are looking for a Transport Support Manager who will manage a team of Fleet Operatives to ensure the cost effectiveness, efficiency, and service standards of the sites operation
Reporting to the Transport Team Managers, the Transport Support Manager will be accountable for the smooth day to day running of the transport operation within their shift to the agreed budget and service targets. You will play a vital role in shaping the culture and approach of the workforce and supporting and developing the team through leading, coaching, and communicating - facilitating a focus on business excellence and continuous improvement of operational efficiency and customer service.
- Managing both the core fleet and sub-contractors to complete deliveries.
- Managing delivery issues with own & contracted drivers, ensuring that all relevant issues are managed & communicated to all relevant departments
- Ensure both timely and low cost deliveries and Customer Service levels are met
- Ensure legal compliance of the transport operation
- Planning/allocating drivers & vehicles ensuring they adhere to EC regulations & WTD
- Control Vehicle maintenance
- Continually seek cost improvement methods to improve the overall running of the department
- Manage production of KPI's for core fleet and subcontractors
- Manage the departments H&S operations and carry out Accident Investigations procedures to a high level of compliance and within set timescales.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise work
- Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi - customer environment
- A working knowledge of both WTD and digital tachographs
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers & other internal departments.
- Ability to analyse statistical information
- A methodical approach combined with attention to administrative detail
- Be able to work within a pressurised environment on their own initiative
- Computer literate to include, Outlook, Word and Excel.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team