The UK Microsoft Practice provides industry-proven experienced Microsoft Architects that personally own and deliver elements from a set of services focused on assessing current and future needs for Atos customers with a focus on Microsoft products. Come in as an Azure Architect and get an opportunity to develop into broader Microsoft technologies! Moreover, Atos has a variety of technical platform expertise, including SAP, Oracle, Open source, Salesforce.
Our team is part of a Global practice – you will be involved and provide leadership at the global level! We hold regular sessions with Microsoft teams to understand the future of the Microsoft roadmaps and promote active encouragement to build relationships with 3rd parties.
This is a permanent role that will require the successful applicant to gain security clearance.
Flexible working options considered. We’re passionate about diversity - if you require any adaptations for your work, or the recruitment process to enable you to be the best you can be, please discuss with us.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
The Azure Architect:
- co-operates with senior client, conducting investigations at a high level for IT strategy studies and feasibility studies to meet the customer stated requirements.
- takes responsibility for investigative work to seek effective business solutions.
- develops architectural views and migration option solutions,
- participates in pre-issue peer reviews and post-issue delivery reviews, utilising business experience and skills to assess and advise on the viability of alternatives.
- organizes implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment;
- applies and supervises the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, e.g., TOGAF, BCS ES&A, and continuous process improvement.
- builds strong relationships with account and other Atos technical groups (offshore and onshore), ensures the customer and internal partners stay informed on progress and choices available to them throughout the lifecycle of a solution.
Desirable skills & experience:
- You will have a proven track record of successfully defining and articulating solutions based on the entire Microsoft Azure platform, cloud, hybrid solutions with ‘on premise’ aspects, or on-premise messaging and collaboration.
- Able to gain or currently hold UK Security Clearance to ‘SC’ level.
- Your knowledge and experience should include many or all of the following:
- Successfully defining, designing, and delivering enterprise solutions that embrace the entire Microsoft Azure platform
- Business knowledge and context of the use and value of Azure
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Articulation of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS and SaaS, and their business benefits
- Azure, hybrid and on-premise commercials and their implications
- Migration strategies and planning
- Ability to demonstrate the costing of Azure
- Use of Azure DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelining
- Integration with other Microsoft products such as O365
- Use of Azure monitoring the security tooling
- Demonstrable successful experience in producing detailed component specifications from Business and/or IS systems architectures, taking into consideration the intended uses of the architectures as a whole, translating component specifications into detailed designs for implementation, as necessary using selected products, and where appropriate developing product short-lists and evaluation criteria for use in product selection with proven analytical ability and attention to detail.
Skills we’d like:
- A good understanding of the commercial stages for Bid processes and RFC (Request For Change), along with experience of responding and delivering to CCNs (Change Control Notice).
- Experience using Azure Synapse and Data Bricks
- Demonstrable working experience in a business analyst/software engineering/technical engineer position.
- Microsoft Certified in Azure
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.
Our UK&I ambition is to be an inclusive, diverse and ethical employer of choice and for our employee experience to be truly best in class. We strive to create an environment in which difference and individuality is valued and celebrated in order to realise our employees’ full potential. How we support every individual at Atos – in the spirit of togetherness – is what truly makes Atos a great and exciting place to work.
We are hugely proud of the work undertaken throughout our organisation that has led us to be recognised in several high-profile awards including;
- Disability Confident Leader
- Company of the Year – TechWomen100 awards 2020
- Gold accredited for Armed Forces Covenant.
- Times Top 50 Employer for Women 2019 & 2020.
- Ranked #40 in the Stonewall UK Top 100 Employers list for 2020.
You can read our full UK&I Diversity Strategy here