We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Unit Catering Manager and passionate foodie to join the team at one of our busy units in Hoddesdon for our client, Sainsbury's Distribution Centre, where we provide their staff catering and vending services.
You will be managing the entire catering and vending operations. You will have a team of 14 including Head Chefs across 3 shift patterns. This role involves you covering for the Head Chef when they are sick or on annual leave. The unit is open 24/7 so flexibility is needed to cover and check up on all shift patterns.
For the right Unit Catering Manager, we are offering a highly competitive salary & benefits, a supportive management system, a trained and enthusiastic team and the opportunity to work for a company that embraces new ideas and a training and development culture. Along with fantastic training and development machines to help you progress your career with Compass. Job Description
- £32,000 per annum depending on experience
- Predominately Monday-Friday shifts but flexibility needed to work 5 over 7
- Meals on duty
- Free Parking
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
As the Unit Catering Manager, you will lead and manage a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable store and ensure all budget targets and KPI's are not just achieved but exceeded. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day to day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service. The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
- Previous Unit Manager experience
- Ideally previous cheffing experience
- Retail and commercial skills
- Financial awareness to complete weekly business returns
- Motivated to deliver consistently high standards of food and service quality
- Friendly and approachable, with the management skills to develop and manage a team
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Computer literate
Eurest, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.