Join us as a Universal Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills and take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential
- We’ll look to you to provide an expert analytical service so that we can better understand our customers, processes, channels, products and overall business
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Universal Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help develop and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you’ll simplify our data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight to resolve problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities.
It’s a highly collaborative role which will see you working closely with your data colleagues and business stakeholders as well as with the wider areas of analytics to help solve a wide range of business problems, progress projects initiatives, translate business questions into clear analytical plans and promote the innovative use of data across the bank.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Applying appropriate statistical techniques and concepts to develop data led solutions to business problems
- Delivering data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Keeping up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to industry best practices are adopted
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a keen problem solver with an analytical mindset and strong attention to detail to join us in this role. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Significant experience with analytical or database querying software such as SQL, SAS, R or Python, as well as data visualisation software (Tableau), big data environments or using cloud environments for analysis and ETL tooling with preference given to Streamsets
- A track record of delivering a complex analytical service and experience of using statistical techniques to articulate and translate business problems
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes
- Experience of coaching and developing, and delivering through others