Join us as a UX Designer
- We'll look to you to be a passionate advocate for great customer experiences, bringing your creative and strategic thinking skills
- As a UX Designer you'll be expected to bring creative range and a depth of thinking to this role
- You'll be at the forefront of UX design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns, centred around best practice, consistency and re-use
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a UX Designer, you’ll be leading, inventing and designing websites and software applications which provide compelling and seamless customer experiences. This will be for native and browser-based experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. We’ll look to you to develop high level storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, and design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work. Effectively, you’ll be driving and delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable UX designs.
From rapid conceptualisation, exploration and iteration to precision execution of dev ready artefacts, you will be tasked with co-creating with key areas of the business to improve the customer experience across key channels of our digital ecosystem.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new products and features and extend existing ones
- Translating customer insights into designed experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Commissioning and participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
- Working closely with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with an extensive portfolio, which demonstrates creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions. You’ll have an eye for visual interaction details, coupled with excellent communication skills, in order to champion interface designs and thinking with product owners and developers, and present your work in an effective way.
Sector experience would be preferable but isn’t necessary so long as you have worked in agile and alongside both development teams and experience designers and researchers. Understanding the importance of adhering to brand standards and being guided by experience principles is key, but a clear awareness of accessibility and usability guidelines alongside compliance and regulation is also important.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Demonstrate a human centred design approach and how you have used design thinking to co-create with teams to directly impact the customers’ experience
- Strong communication and storytelling skills and working effectively as part of a team and as an individually
- The ability to facilitate, lead and actively participate in design workshops across our design process, to set direction, generate ideas and guide clients through to delivery and beyond
- Extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments
- Significant experience in supporting user centred design processes and creating the material required to support user testing and concept communication
- The ability to use interaction design and visualisation tools such as Axure and Sketch
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design and a background in human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies and teams