Job title: V&V Senior System Engineer
About the role
We are seeking a technical leader with a particular interest in V&V and engineering leadership, you will join the highly technical team at Farnborough and be responsible for leading engineering activities across design, development & transition.
This means you must be comfortable in all aspects of systems engineering including requirements management, architecture definition, design, development, and integration and acceptance.
We offer the opportunity to get involved and help deliver the solution, across the whole lifecycle from feasibility to acceptance with challenging and unique engineering projects. Some travel is involved; which will include Range visits and multi (UK) site working and collaboration with partner teams and companies.
The Project involves procured, developed and combination systems in the following domains:
- Voice, Data & Video Communications, Underwater communications;
- Networking, Publish Subscribe systems, Virtualization technologies (such as VMware Horizon);
- Radar, Underwater Tracking, AIS, GPS;
- Acoustics & Realtime Digital Signal Processing;
- Meteorological & Environmental systems;
- Marine, Electrical & Mechanical, Computer Engineering;
- Security, Safety, Human Factors;
What do I need?
You'll need experience and skills in some of the following areas.
- A good knowledge of hardware / software / system integration & test / V&V;
- Relevant Experience of Systems Engineering in complex projects;
- Good working knowledge of Systems Engineering processes such as BS ISO IEC 1528 (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering tools such as DOORS, StarTeam, Sparx Enterprise Architect, JIRA;
- Ability to decompose complex issues, to an appropriate level of detail, in a methodical manner;
- Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML/ UML. Experience of Sparx Enterprise Architect (Desirable).
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
What will I be doing?
- Definition and delivery of technical projects through-life, working effectively with broader stakeholders and project management, guiding a technical team to success.
- Generating solution and system architectures that meet the needs of multiple projects
- Provide direction and recommendations relating to technical risks and opportunities, owning actions, solutions and future work streams.
- Coordinate multi-stakeholder analysis into reports and presentations for delivery to customers and industry partners.
- Understand and apply relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards, integrating required compliance and governance activity into delivery work.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.