The city of York Council have various job opportunities. To view these in full and to apply visit our jobs website:
(we are unable to accept C.V's)
About the Council:
From our offices in West Offices and Hazel Court, and with partners, City of York Council serves over 200,000 residents in and around York.
Local communities depend on the statutory services we deliver and our people are proud to keep York clean, safe, productive and resilient. A strong council can also be an empowering force - transforming lives, communities and generations. We deliver lots of important but little-known services that are making a big difference to those who need them.
Working for us is more than just a job. A career in Local Government provides unique opportunities to make a real difference to our communities, with a diversity of roles which can't be matched elsewhere.
We offer many different career opportunities across all the Council.
- Customer Services
- Public Realm
- Social Care (Adults and Children's)
It’s really important to us that our staff are capable, confident people, working positively for York. Working for the council means we don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it.
We encourage applications from people at all stages of their career, and in particular we welcome applications from under-represented groups.
Being a people-centred organisation means we invest in the talent and wellbeing of our staff. There are many different ways in which we make this happen, including:
- providing work which offers the chance to make a difference to the lives of our residents and colleagues
- supportive management who enable you to thrive and fulfil your potential
- recognition for your hard work through talent management and staff awards
- support through a rapidly changing environment
- investment in professional and personal development
- a reward package which recognises your contribution
- employer-supported volunteering
We offer a generous benefits package which includes;
- flexi-time, term-time only working, job sharing and part-time working options
- up to 29 days' annual leave
- access to the local government pension scheme
- 'salary sacrifice' schemes
- family friendly working policies
- committment to staff learning and development
- employee wellbeing scheme and assistance programme
- assistance with travel to work - new car loans, a cycle scheme, bus and train ticket loans
- high street discounts
Great people are at the heart of everything we do - we realise that great people provide great services. As an organisation we look for individuals who are motivated, resourceful, accountable, honest, skilled, caring and engaged. Above all, we are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our residentsand visitors to York.
Guaranteed interview scheme for Armed Forces veterans and their spouses
As part of our commitment to the York Armed Forces Covenant, we offer an interview for veterans of the armed forces and their spouses, who can demonstrate they meet the minimum criteria for the job.
This means you must provide evidence in your application that demonstrates you meet the required level of competence for each element within the 'skills and knowledge' section of the job description.
You should also indicate on the application that you're applying on this basis.
To see the latest job vacancies with the City of York Council visit https://jobs.york.gov.uk/