Job Title: Vehicle Inspector
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire, SN15 4XX
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43224
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Vehicle Inspector. You will be carrying out mandatory, routine and bespoke vehicle Inspections on a wide range of advanced military Wheeled and Tracked vehicles, Generators, vehicle based training aids and equipment training aids. You will be responsible for producing and keeping up to date an inspection forecast and operating a Pre/Post examination inspection service.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will need to be extremely positive and resourceful with a determination to succeed. You will need the ability to prioritise your work effectively and be able to work well under your own initiative.
What will you be doing?
As a Vehicle Inspector you will:
* Carry out inspection, testing and examination of all operational, training vehicles, training aids and equipment held at DSEME as directed by the ESM and relevant Service Managers within set timeframes.
* Complete all necessary inspection reports in accordance with Statutory and Legislative policy, AESP, Bespoke manufacturers manuals and ESRS within set timeframes.
* Be responsible for conducting your JAMES training ensuring full utilisation of system capabilities are accurately used and achieved.
* Ensure all Inspections, Examinations and Out Inspections are fully and accurately recorded on the JAMES.
* Expect to carry out inspections when requested and/or required by the relevant Service manager whilst maintaining and recording records on JAMES of all inspections carried out.
* Conduct Pre-MEI inspections on all equipment that requires an MEI by third party contractor
The experience you'll bring
* We will need you to have a recognised qualification in Automotive Engineering with a minimum C&G level 3 or BTEC/IMI/NVQ equivalent or has served in HM Armed Forces as a Vehicle Mechanic Class One.
* Driver Licence Cat 'B' minimum.
* Adept at IT and must be computer literate
* In depth experience of LGV and/or tracked vehicles and systems.
* It is desirable for you to be a proficient JAMES operator.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 12th July 2022