A high-profile opportunity for a dynamic senior and inspirational hospitality professional, experienced in F&B delivery across meetings, exhibitions, conferences and entertainment arenas. We seek a real people person' and foodie', with rounded leadership skills and a focus on delivering consistency of quality and innovating to keep evolving the offering. Responsible for developing and delivering an exceptional food and guest experience. Critical to the success and reputation of the hospitality offering is the leadership, selection and engagement of a large, well-trained team, both fixed and variable.
This is not a role for someone who wants to preserve the status quo, but if you have a passion for food and service, underpinned by evidence of delivery of fresh ideas and operational excellence then you and the venue will shine. Job Description
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days leave after 1 years' service
The opportunity to work for Scotland's largest, most iconic conference, exhibition and entertainment venue Main Responsibilities
You will work closely with our client to qualify requirements and align closely with the SEC brand vision, values, culture and processes to enable and deliver the catering strategy, driving changes to continually evolve and improve both the catering and guest experience, making SEC renowned for food and hospitality excellence, as befits its standing Scottish community and wider UK market.
You will be fully commercially accountable to deliver accurate and timely forecasts and budgets, taking control of all operating costs and continually analysing key performance statistics to identify opportunities for growth. This includes liaison with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues on continuous product development and driving spend per transaction
This is effectively a multi-site business, albeit on one campus, requiring the job holder to effortlessly switch focus and prioritise between different businesses from conference and exhibitions, to a retail & hospitality model at the SSE Hydro, plus the Clydebuilt restaurant in SEC Centre.
In addition to operational aspects of the catering provisions, you will be responsible for the achievement of conference and events sales targets and in doing so must work hand in hand with the sales team charged with driving the achievement of increased hospitality revenues, agreeing price tier structures, looking after established buyers and identifying new opportunities and customers. The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
- Passionate about food and hospitality with a natural flare for guest focus and quality of experience at all levels.
- Demonstrates focus and hunger for ensuring exceptional hospitality and retail experiences, with the ability to inspire the team to work as one to delight in delivering the best possible food and experiences.
- Passionate about people - enjoys communicating with our key clients as well as the all-important team members that deliver great service day to day.
- Track record of senior F&B delivery with ideally 5 years + experience gained from arenas, sports or major leisure venue operational contract management experience.
- Multi-site / multi venue experience, confident in managing a mixed portfolio of outlets, embracing the spectrum from quality dining, to event catering (in excess of 1,000 covers) to fast paced retail food delivery.
- Commercial agility - adept at budgeting, forecasting and effective resource deployment, with an eye for trends and embracing change in a cost effective way, whilst mainlining product integrity.
- Respected for leadership skills - confidently able to appoint, develop and inspire large high performing teams of both fixed and variable staff. Can demonstrate provision of clear and decisive direction.
- Strategic thinker - ability to conceive and plan effective strategies and supporting tactics which embrace a variety of elements into a common goal.
- Excellent client and stakeholder management presence and interpersonal skills. Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. Known for collaborative approach. Natural and engaging in dialogue with customers at all levels.
- Strong conference and events sales experience. Able to demonstrate strong sales delivery across multiple years and varying external environments and good working knowledge of the new world of C&E selling
- Consummate professional, someone who naturally commands respect and delivers on promises. Resilient, focused on ownership and delivery
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.