We are now looking to recruit a Venue General Manager to work onsite at one of Levy UK prestigious client sites' based in Wembley. As the Venue General Manager you will be managing the catering function within the arena making sure all events run smoothly.
The arena hosts over 100 events a year from concerts, comedy, sport, conferencing and banqueting. As the Venue's General Manager you will focus on the food and beverage service across 20+ retail units, restaurant facility with capacity for 140 sit down to 330 casual dining, 5 lounges with capacity ranging from 35 - 220 and various bespoke event requirements across the complex.
You will be working in partnership with our Client to will deliver a business that is guest focused, sustainable, exciting, innovative, and profitable. Job Description
- Up to £60,000 depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7 days
- Opportunity to work and grow within Compass Group
As the Venue General Manager you will lead and inspire your team to optimise sales, profitability and guest service. You will have a structured approach with appropriate focus on compliance with relevant company polices, standards and employment principles.
You will be reporting to your BD and through close liaison with our Client partners, you will be directly responsible for the key result areas below (amongst other general responsibilities).
The Ideal Candidate
- Frequently liaising with our client and your Business Director to agree strategy and direction of travel, developing and monitoring tactical plans to deliver.
- Ensure that all activities have a clear purpose and measurable outcomes, with a disciplined and pacy approach to completion, including the review and application of lessons learned.
- Competitor activity and market trends which may impact our operation and make suggestions to evolve / keep ahead of the curve'.
- Strong focus on collaboration with Client, Levy stakeholders and contractors to plan and deliver various capex and innovation projects
- Taking Ownership of the day to day delivery of consistent and exceptional product quality and service standards to achieve and ideally exceed department targets and grow our reputation for celebrated customer experiences
- Oversee and ensure that all services within remit are ready for operation at specific time and to the agreed standard.
- Drive our guest focus culture through consistently demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of hospitality standards and client needs, that is infections throughout your team.
- Close and detailed liaison with our Client, premium area key partners and Levy Commercial Team to plan and deliver innovative solutions
- Regular monitoring and development of each department to ensure that food quality, presentation, staffing reviews and consistent standards are maintained according to our IPOE culture.
- Liaison with Compass procurement, 3rd party suppliers and contractors to underpin effective product quality, service delivery and cost-effective margins.
- Monitor and maintain the Health and Safety policy, process and culture across the venue
- Brand, operate and further develop consistently high brand standards within each area
- Directly liaise with client representatives and your Team Managers to ensure that communication and expectations are clear. Use structured, regular and consistent meetings as a key tool.
- Champion the guest focused culture, continually sharing and acting on client and customer feedback
- Lead the H&S culture and compliance across the venue
- Agree and sign off appropriate structures to flex resourcing between fixed and variable workers across all Departments and with appropriate factoring to address extended and weekend operating hours.
- Appoint, lead and manage the Fixed team to ensure consistent and effective operational delivery
- Ensure that effective and robust recruitment plans and processes exist to source and deploy large volumes of casual workers per differing event requirements.
- Work closely with the management team to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, focused on great food and hospitality
- Conduct regular performance reviews and talent management / succession planning activity, based on agreed and measurable KPI's. Oversee and drive the training plan and activity with your Heads of Departments
- Ensure effective team communication flows (in all directions) throughout the venue
- Recognise and celebrate success. Ensure consistent and objective salary and bonus arrangements are in place.
- HR compliance, work closely with the HR team and HOD's to ensure complete and consistently effective adherence to all legal obligations
- Financially accountable for all costs and profitability of the venue. Working with the Finance Manager to deliver accurate and timely forecasts, budgets and P&L's
- Be in control of all operating costs in line with set targets
- Frequent review of performance statistics to identify opportunities for growth/ remedial actions, with tactical plans in place to address
- Ensure competent levels of commercial understanding and awareness through Line Managers and their teams.
- Product development - Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive increased spend per transaction.
About The Company
- Naturally confident leader, with senior management experience to inspire operational teams to deliver results - min 5 years' experience at F&B management level
- Confidently able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets and business functions
- Senior management presence to engage with Client, peers and functional specialists
- Positive and passionate focus on food - a natural flare for hospitality
- Experienced in leading the implementation of projects and change programmes
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills - able to influence all stakeholder levels
- Experience of working with a client group
- Previous P&L accountability and evidence of commercial nous
- Exudes confidence, energy and charisma
- Can effectively switch between being the leader and a team player according to the situation at hand
- Structured approach but also demonstrates flexibility and agility
- Calm and resilient - Not deterred by an' unforeseen challenge'
- Problem solving skills
- Currently working within a stadium / arena environment
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as required
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.