Are you looking for a field based role, one with autonomy and the opportunity to interact with the public in a meaningful way? If this sounds interesting to you then this role is for you, the Visiting Officer works for Lambeth Council though Capita Plc and visits business' to carry out business rates visits.
The purpose of these visits is to look around the properties to ensure that the business rates being paid are correct and the business is in the correct banding. At the start of the week you are provided with the visits you need to make, you can then plan your week dividing your time between visiting the business' and completing the administrative tasks from home.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing and able to communicate with the public, someone with an attention to detail and a good level of customer service experience. What you'll be doing:
- Visit commercial premises and arrange appointments with landlords, agents, business owners, etc. to gain access to them
- Liaise with other agencies such as the Valuation Office Agency and other departments within the Council
- Inspect properties or sites that have been given planning permission to carry out works that will affect the Rating List
- Provide reports to the Valuation Office Agency that assist in keeping the Business Rates database up to date
- Establish liability, entitlement, exemptions, discounts and reliefs for Business Rates
What we're looking for:
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Good written and numerical skills
- Computer literacy and ability to use handheld devices
- Enthusiasm, friendliness and confidence
- Initiative, self-motivation and accuracy
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About us: Capita Public Service - LPS
Our world class Local Government Services team supports local councils to improve outcomes and focus on what matters in their communities. Managing tax and other revenue collection, benefits payments, building control support, IT networks, accounting and much more - we make it easier for council teams to concentrate on front line services.
Utilizing your Revenues knowledge, you will champion learning and development within our back offices, ensuring all aspects of employee development from new starter and upskill training through to ongoing support development.
What's in it for you?
- A basic salary of 27,000
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Based in the Lambeth area with travel across the borough and some home working
- A hybrid role with the scope to plan and manage your own workload
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.