HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Part-time (20 hours), Permanent
£9,129 plus benefits
Here at Serco we're looking for a Visits Assistant to join us at HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire. Joining our onsite visits team, you'll play a key part in delivering a service to all guests in accordance with relevant and current regulations, legislation and guidelines.
As part of this you'll:
- Assist the Catering Manager in the delivery of catering retail services to the establishment.
- Ensure that the catering retail operation complies with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Regulations, legislation and guidelines.
- Record and document all relevant paperwork to comply with food hygiene regulations, HACCP and Company Policies.
- Provide training and supervision to any prisoners that work within the visit's tea bar.
- Provide hospitality requirements when ordered by the company.
- Complete incident reports, intelligence reports, Use of Force paperwork and accident reports before leaving duty.
- Take responsibility for attending relevant meetings, presentations, training etc as required.
What you'll need to do the role
First and foremost, you'll need to be committed to working effectively in a socially diverse environment. You will need to possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as good time management as certain deadlines will need to be met. You will also need to have an awareness of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) as well as allergen control within catering retail (This will be fully trained on site).
You'll require a working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel. The successful applicant will need to have the confidence to deal with conflict resolution and de-escalation as this may occur on occasion.
Meaningful and vital work - You'll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates
A world of opportunity - With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you'll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Flexible and part time working considered
- 10-day pa CPD
- Pension - 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application.
Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*