Do you want a job that makes a difference? If yes, then come join the Compass Group family at Kings College Hospital. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Catering Assistant to join our Patient Dining team. You will join our highly motivated team, who deliver outstanding customer service for patients and visitors.
This is a full-time position that requires full flexibility to work 12 hour shifts across 3-4 days week including weekends, 7am-8.30pm shift pattern based in Camberwell, London.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful ward catering assistant will work individually on patient wards serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to 30-40 patients in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Taking patients orders, checking dietary needs, food temperature before serving,
- You will ensure your kitchen/working station is clean at all times, washing up and putting away all cutlery.
- You will be working towards a very tight schedule ability to work under pressure and time management is imperative for this role.
- Previous experience within catering
- Good command of English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Committed, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile for our patients.
- Flexible, reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Available at short notice to cover any staff absence.
- Must have a Can do attitude
Please be aware this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply and send your cv to KCH.firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that all convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings on your criminal record need to be disclosed. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be applied for in the event of a successful application. About The Company
The Compass Group family is the UK and Ireland's No.1 catering and support services provider - market leaders in the provision of catering, retail, leisure and support services in the Defence & Offshore sector.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision, we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility - cover the 3 P's