Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you can make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you! A new opportunity has arisen for a Ward Catering Assistant to join the Medirest Family here at Kings College Hospital. We are looking for members to join our highly dedicated Patient Dining team, who deliver outstanding services for patients and visitors. Job Description
- Exclusive offers on Perks at Working including, Retail Discounts, Cinema Discounts, Reloadable Shopping Cards, Holiday Discounts and many more
- Development opportunities including funded apprenticeships
- Health and wellbeing program
- Compass Pension Scheme
- Reward & recognition program
- The successful catering assistant will work individually on patient wards serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to 30-40 patients in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Taking patients orders, checking dietary needs, food temperature before serving,
- You will ensure your kitchen/working station is always clean, washing up and putting away all cutlery.
- You will be working towards a very tight schedule ability to work under pressure and time management is imperative for this role.
Please be aware that this is a hospital environment you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress at times. The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in similar role would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent service skills with a high standard of customer care
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Previous catering experience
- Flexible, reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Available at short notice to cover any staff absence.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude