Warehouse Operative | Dagenham| GB13139
The role will initially focus on our EuroLink groupage operations, loading and unloading vehicles using a counter balance truck, using truck mounted terminal and hand held scanner to check consignments during goods in, storage and loading processes, checking for and reporting all damages, gaining maximum load fill without creating damage and following rules relating do the loading and storage of dangerous goods. Reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader you will play a key role in the warehouse operations ensuring that customer freight is loaded and unloaded in a safe, professional and time effective manner.
- Loading /unloading vehicles/trailers in a timely manner, in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Handling pallets and oversize pallets/crates/cases, loose machinery/drums both stackable and non stackable.
- Using scan guns & FLT touch screens.
- Labelling cargo and identification.
- Handling ADR goods (haz) of all classes.
- Strapping and securing loads from ground and bay level.
- Strapping and securing loads using steps.
- Moving products around the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner and loading/unloading into/from racking as required.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Counterbalance licence held for minimum of 3 years.
- Experience in operating counterbalance also with long forks.
- Experience in cross dock operations.
- Experience in loading/unloading driving on and off trailers (Loading Docks).
- Experience of using dock levellers.
- Capable of working at height.
- Smart appearance and positive attitude.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team