Warehouse Operative - Farnborough - GB14207
As Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for ensuring that products are processed and handled correctly throughout the hangar stores utilising MHE, manual handling and the appropriate computer systems to achieve and fulfil customer requirements efficiently, accurately, safely and in line with all regulatory requirements.
- Complete the daily MHE safety checks (where applicable)
- Carry out assigned tasks including: picking, checking, loading & unloading of vehicles, hygiene, MHE duties and the processing of returns
- Packing and shipping as appropriate and in line with training and all DG and HMRC requirements
- Goods Receiving Inspection as appropriate and in line with training and all Pt 145 requirements
- Carry out assigned administrative tasks including but not limited to: allocation of orders and the booking in and out of stock
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (Corridor) in accordance with task based work instructions and SOP's and carry out other assigned computer based tasks as required
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
- Operate to trained work instructions e.g. ABC Modules/ WI and SSow
- Adhere to company standards as detailed in the Code of Conduct Policy
- Promote the company's policies on health & safety, quality, environment, induction and training, as well as other relevant matters in the company information manual.
- Support the QSHE team in all aspects of H&S.
- Actively promotes the Golden rules of safety to all employees
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Knowledge of the aerospace logistics, in particular from MRO or maintenance hangar background desirable
- Significant understanding of compliance requirements in Aviation Parts supply desirable
- Experience of working to agreed targets and specific processes, with good attention to detail
- Understanding of and experience in warehouse practices
- Understanding of KPI's and customer service
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and communication skills
- Flexibility, including task and hours
- The ideal candidate will be PC literate with a working knowledge of MJDI and Microsoft Office software applications
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme, which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing center. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognize the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing team