Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Henlow, UK
Compensation: £21,500 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF45646
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Warehouse Operative at our Henlow site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility.
The difference our new Warehouse Operative will make
As a Warehouse Operative you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, helping with the smooth running of our Henlow unit within our Aviation sector.
Day to day, you'll ensure that collections and deliveries are carried out smoothly and efficiently. You will produce receipts and stock take whilst ensuring all activities are actioned within accordance of the MoD procurement policy and best practice whilst keeping the computer system up to date. You will also be responsible to the health & safety of visitors to their department in line with regulations.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
- Organised with good communication and people skills
- Flexible attitude to effectively problem solve
- Hold a valid UK driving license
- Be able to pass any necessary security requirements
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.