About the role
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Sun ||14:00:00 ||22:00:00 |
|Mon ||06:00:00 ||14:00:00 |
|Tue ||06:00:00 ||14:00:00 |
|Fri ||14:00:00 ||22:00:00 |
|Sat ||14:00:00 ||22:00:00 |
As a Warehouse Service Team Manager in our DC you will be utilising expertise and knowledge to identify opportunities to engage my colleagues to improve the Warehouse performance.
You will be responsible for
- Managing your team to deliver Warehouse routines in line with the Operating model, ensuring delivery of accurate goods to stores.
- Ensuring your team are well trained, validated and capable to deliver in their roles
- Supporting and engaging with the other Warehouse Managers to deliver all warehouse plans and key performance indicators, whilst spotting talent, providing mentoring and developing people for their next role
- Delivering all security routines and maintain a legally compliant and safe place to work.
- Understanding what is important as a Warehouse Manager, using results and actions from colleagues to improve working practices and maintain a healthy relationship with the team
- To ensure availability for customers at all times.
You will need
- To be a great communicator who will share knowledge, experience and best practices, you understand the importance of what you do and working collaboratively across the distribution centre to deliver results.
- To be a natural and welcoming with colleagues putting them at the heart of whatever you do. You take the time to listen and understand others, building strong relationships with your colleagues.
- To use your energy and resilience to keep momentum going. To act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for your colleagues.
- To have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation.
- To do the right thing whether everything is going well or times are tough, and know how to consistently be at your best, you inspire confidence in those around you.
- Have an eye for whilst analysing and spotting trends in performance to help continually improve the operation.
- Ability to always look for ways to build and deliver new initiatives to help improve your department and our business for customers and colleagues.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Working in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It's essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week.