Warehouse Shift Manager | Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom | GB11619
We are looking for an individual with a desire to be part of a team growing at a pace and challenging the market; you will have the energy, drive, and above all passion, to want to be part of this exciting, complex and fast moving team for Food Services, a highly successful and leading edge business unit within Kuehne + Nagel.
We are looking for a warehouse Shift Manager who will have the responsibility to ensure a consistent, smooth and efficient Warehouse operation whilst achieving agreed service levels. The successful candidate will effectively manage the performance of Warehouse Team Leaders and Warehouse Operatives to ensure all targets, KPIs and service delivery levels are achieved to the required standard, through training and coaching.
- To promote a customer focused culture within the workforce and encourage service improvements and identification of opportunities to improve.
- Provide an environment that encourages training and development for all employees
- To recruit, train, retain and motivate staff to achieve/exceed KPI's.
- Create and maintain an innovative environment that encourages employee participation through continuous improvement, raising quality and effective team working, sharing best practice where possible.
- Ensure all staff receive full induction training and agreed reviews during probationary period by liaising with practical trainers
- Monitor sickness & absence levels and complete return to work interviews
- Ensure the hygiene of the warehouse and staff is of an acceptable standard and be responsible for H&S issues, quality assurance, safety and hygiene for your area
- Comply with Food Safety Regulations. NSF/BRC standards
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- First class, logistics management experience in a fast moving environment
- Excellent people management and Communication Skills
- Leadership skills that will inspire and motivate the team
- Exposure to operating in a commercial environment with proven ability to deliver great customer service
- Proven problem solving skills and experience driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Proven basic literacy and numeracy skills at GCSE or equivalent level
- Basic employment law
- PC skills (to include Microsoft Word and Excel)
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team