BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Shift Manager
Grade: RCS O
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Customer Contract: M&S
Shift Pattern: Any 5 from 7, Rotational (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm)
Location: West Thurrock
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Motivating and controlling large numbers of staff and having responsibility for disciplinary issues and industrial relations.
- Identifying and implementing the corrective actions when KPI fall below an acceptable level and/or where there are unacceptable levels of productivity/performance.
- Taking responsibility for overall productivity and accuracy without sacrificing loss control and principles and agreed working methods.
- Clear and consistent two way communications, effective daily briefings and de-briefings with warehouse manager and in achieving a comprehensive shift handover with colleagues.
- Investigating all accidents and completing the relevant documentation, bringing ideas and suggestions forward in support of site planning.
- The understanding and the ability to plan with industrial engineering standards and work methods.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Must be able to demonstrate that have successfully trained and developed individuals.
- A full and comprehensive understanding of budgets and forecasts
- Comfortable dealing with staff performance issues.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to a team of staff
- Positive attitude
- Highly adaptable and responsive to change initiatives
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.