About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit a Clothing Stores Supervisor for the efficient operation of Clothing Stores, which includes the management of all initial kittings in line with the current schedule and policies.
Your resposibilities will involve:
* Day to day running of the Clothing Stores Section to the satisfaction of the Customer
* Ensuring that receipts and issues are accounted for in accordance with current procedures.
* Completion of stocktaking in accordance with the stocktaking programme, to include snap checks, and ensuring that stock location are accurately maintained.
* The safe storage of uniform ranges of equipment in accordance
* Initiating demands for clothing stores at RAF Halton and parented locations/customers, ensuring that such demands, where appropriate, are within the approved scales of entitlement and the budget allocated.
* The preparation and close scrutiny, where applicable, of issue, receipt and exchange paperwork initiated in the Clothing Stores, and ensuring its prompt progression to SCAS.
* Control of the laundry, tailoring and dry cleaning service at the point of delivery and collection and the resolution of any queries with the contractors
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have demonstrable operational experience in a similar environment, required to pass the Civilian/Contractor Logistic Supplier Course modules once initial on the job training has taken place and undertake training on the Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory computer system.
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 10/11/2019