Warehouse Support Manager | Birmingham, United Kingdom | GB11389
An opportunity has arisen for a warehouse support manager reporting to the Warehouse Manager in our prestigious site based in Hams Hall, Birmingham on behalf of Kuehne + Nagel Drinks Logistics
KN Drinks Logistics is a specialist drinks only service provision. With a client portfolio of internationally recognised brands, it is our mission to create profitable growth by becoming the partner of choice to the Drinks Industry. The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient and cost effective running of the warehouse operations to the agreed budget and service targets, whilst implementing strategic operational and service improvements. The role has an associated shift pattern of any 5 over 7.
- Managing stock integrity, productivity and facilities within the warehouse operation.
Ensuring efficient planning, reviewing and communication of operational requirements and changes.
- Monitoring operational and general business KPI's, ensuring that they are met and improved upon. Continually reviewing all aspects of the operation and driving improvements in methods, procedures and efficiency.
- Building relationships with the customer and offering excellent customer service within budgetary constraints along with responding constructively to customer requests.
- Creating and maintaining an environment that encourages employee participation and effective team working and ensuring employees are involved in the success of the operation through continual feedback and positive communication
- Promoting high standards of hygiene and housekeeping and ensuring compliance to all legislative Health & Safety requirements.
- Promoting and ensuring a consistent, fair and thorough approach to the implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance of the operation to the Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
- Responsible for all bonded stock and associated documentation
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi-customer environment
- Strong warehouse system experience
- Leadership qualities including the ability to enthuse and motivate
- Financial and strategic management experience and commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Drive, determination and a track record in delivering continuous improvement
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding
- Ability to influence and negotiate and deal with conflict successfully
- A strong knowledge of Health & Safety at work
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team