- To safely and efficiently complete tasks as required in compliance with Sodexo and GSK instructions, procedures and policies.
- To alert management to any safety or operational issues that need addressing in a timely manner.
- To ensure waste management operations are completed correctly and efficiently to ensure a high level of service is always provided to GSK.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality instructions that govern your area of work.
- Report any safety or environmental concerns to your line manager in a timely manner.
- Identify line management of any opportunities to improve safety or the service offering.
- Maintain a positive working culture and team environment and assist colleagues and line management as required.
- Ensure routine waste collection activities on site are completed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the segregation, packaging and labelling of wastes.
- Assist in the removal of waste from site and the completion of paperwork associated with this task.
- Ensure completion of pre-use checks and the safe use of mechanical equipment at all times.
- Maintenance of good housekeeping in all areas of site assigned to Waste Operations.
- Hosting contractors or visitors where required.
- Temporary redeployment to other sites when required.
- Undertake training as required and advise line management where further training is considered necessary.
About The Company
- Valid forklift licence
- Valid driving licence
- Basic chemical safety and awareness
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.