Job Title: Weapons Engineering Instructor
Location: Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1AS. Could be occasionally travelling to across the UK and France.
Compensation: £31,500 + Benefits and a Working away allowance
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43021
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Weapons Engineering Instructor. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of weapons engineering training on Sandown-class minehunters as part of our Hunter Project to The Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF) students in a classroom size of 8-16. Reporting into the Weapons Engineering Course Manager and deputising in their absence.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is receptive to change and has a flexible approach to work. You will need to be committed to continuous professional development (CPD), with good organisation and communication skills. You will also need to have the ability to demonstrate effective planning, teaching and coaching in a learning environment.
What will you be doing?
As a Weapons Engineering Instructor you will
- Design, develop and prepare WE trade training modules for RSNF students including Weapons and Sensors specialisations
* To instruct Officers and Ratings of the RSNF on Sandown/Al Jawf Class ship equipment's & systems
* Prepare ISPECs and lesson plans on WE related Sandown/Al Jawf Class equipment's and instruct where required
* To design and develop student hand-out notes to accompany the WE training syllabus where required
* Develop a good understanding of the whole ship environment of the Sandown/Al Jawf Class with particular emphasis on safe methods of operating all weapon engineering systems and equipment
* Support/mentor students on UK and foreign manufacturers courses in support of training as and when required
The experience you'll bring
- MS Office literate to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experienced in instructional techniques to Level 3 or above
* Experienced in foreign navies training
* Technical appreciation of naval training and the naval training environment
* Experience in Sandown single role mine hunters/Al Jawf Class WE equipment and procedures essential
* Full UK Driving License essential
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.