The employing organisation for this role is the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce (HWCC). HWCC is a member-led, not for profit organisation working to support local business communities and our large network of Members. Finalists in the World Chambers Competition awarded one of the Sunday Times Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work for 2018 – 2021, and accredited at Investors in People Platinum level, these are exciting times to join us.
We are proud to look after our employees, as a Working for Carers member we understand the challenges faced by working carers. We also actively support our cadets, reservists and veterans through our HR policies, and we are committed to the Armed Forces Employers Recognition Scheme with a gold accreditation. We also have a team of Wellbeing Champions who dedicate their spare time to raise awareness and to support the workforce’s wellbeing.
This role is based within the Worcestershire Growth Hub, as part of the Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (WLEP), located in Worcester.
We now have an exciting FTC opportunity for someone to join as a Business Engagement Administration Executive to assist in the provision of a comprehensive and professional business engagement and support service within the Growth Hub team, within the WLEP.
POST: WGH Business Engagement Administration Executive
REPORTING TO: WGH Business Navigator & Data Officer
GRADE: £22,500 per annum
DURATION: Fixed term until 31 March 2025
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
- To engage with WGH Account Managers to create quarterly and monthly engagement plans, proactively identifying Worcestershire businesses to offer support and signpost information, advice and guidance – linked to the WLEP’s Plan for Growth (2020-2040).
- To be primary point of contact on phone system responding to incoming calls from stakeholders and businesses and logging queries.
- To administer incoming queries into WGH mailbox and work with team to resolve in a timely manner.
- To provide support on planning and delivering WGH business networking / engagement events.
- To undertake proactive calls to Worcestershire businesses to generate leads / appointments for WGH Account Managers to conduct business visits.
- To stay current with WGH and wider business support services.
- To support and maintain an internal record of business support schemes currently active at a local, regional and national level and liaise with team to ensure kept up-to-date and accurate.
- To provide a professional ‘front of house’ service to our customers, partners and stakeholders both in person and via phone/email.
- To signpost businesses on either sector specific issues or general business issues and support their journey – easing the navigation of the business support landscape.
- To ensure all activity is accurately recorded on internal CRM system (Tractivity) with all relevant data completed in a timely manner.
- To support preparation and development of high-quality WGH reports.
- To support the preparation of quarterly locality reports for district partners, detailing key business visits and summary of activity.
- To identify and provide businesses for case-studies on a regular basis.
- To maintain key stakeholder relationships with local, regional and national stakeholders including, DBT, Local Authorities, Universities, Innovate UK, locally-funded business support programmes and various other intermediary organisations.
- To continually monitor and review the target market and to identify new scale-up businesses for future engagement.
- To co-ordinate and work in co-operation with the wider LEP team.
- To carry out any other duties required by your line manager or the business to achieve organisational objectives.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience of providing high quality administrative or business support services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relationship management and customer satisfaction skills.
- Results driven with an ability to overachieve targets, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- General knowledge / understanding of business support landscape.
- Project support / management experience.
- Ability to manage a range of different tasks with proven time management skills and flexibility regarding working hours.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, including the ability to positively contribute to others.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office systems.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes: 29 days annual leave (increases with service) plus Bank Holidays, and access to Westfield Health. We also provide a range of work-life balance policies, pension scheme and are an equal opportunities employer. Our employees also have access to extensive training opportunities, onsite parking and annual team building events.
Application deadline: 15th March 2024
Interviews are expected to take place on: 25th March 2024