To lead a team of workshop mechanics, ensuring that the UU fleet is maintained in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
Ensure that all fleet compliance obligations are met, including the Operators Licence and all other fleet and H&S related legislation.
In addition, provide support for any incidents and emergencies where emergency fleet is mobilised. Working with the wider Operations business to provide the required level of service and optimise fleet availability.
- Prioritising, planning and scheduling of manpower and equipment, including procurement of parts in the workshop to deliver compliance with vehicle maintenance schedules and regulatory compliance
- Manage MOT test station on behalf of United Utilities or via third parties
- Provide support on all matters within Transport Services and undertake specific projects, including ensuring that awareness of O licence compliance is maintained at a high level
- Manage and develop transport services workshop staff
- Responsible for the Health & Safety in the workshops and Assist clients on technical matters
- Own and develop the business plan
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in a vehicle and transport maintenance environment and relevant transport qualifications – understanding the technical implications of the workshop controller's role.
- Certificate of Professional Competence certificate
- Understand the Operators Licence and the regulatory framework
- Good communication with customers and contractors
- Team Working, time management, organisational skills and IT systems (e.g. Tranman, and SAP)
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness, specific to Transport
- Good analytical skills and the ability to identify develop and implement solutions
- Experience in vehicle maintenance environment