The Youth Worker's role is to contribute to the delivery of youth work opportunities in a variety of settings, including youth clubs and in collaboration with schools and other agencies. Youth Workers will report to a Youth Development Worker and will work closely with other youth work staff and volunteers to maximise opportunities for young people to access social and personal development as well as learning opportunities.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- 2 x Permanent Term Time Part Time posts for 2.0 Hours per Week each, 18 weeks per year plus 2.79 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Burravoe Youth Club, Yell.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Helena Spence, Youth Development Worker, on 01595 745719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.