Our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
Cisco recognises the value service personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to its business, and seeks to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant. As part of its commitment, Cisco in the UK will:
• Work to support employment of veterans, service spouses and partners including those who are wounded, injured or sick
• Through the Cisco Networking Academy partnership with the Royal Signals help support digital skills in the armed forces
• Support the employment of Service spouses and partners by endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave before, during and after a partner’s deployment
• Encourage volunteering activities by employees including fundraising for Armed Forces charities
• Seek to support employees who are members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible in accordance with the Cisco Military Leave policy
• Seek to support Cisco employees through the Cisco VETS employee resource organisation
• Support those leaving the services and seeking to start their own business through participation as a founding corporate partner of XForces.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it:
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco wants you to bring your uniqueness, join teams to solve challenges, and work together to get results. Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.