Our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) we have distilled the Armed Forces Covenant to focus primarily on the following activity:
1. Support for reservist colleagues.
2. Support for armed forces personnel recovering from injuries.
3. Customer offering for members of the Armed Forces.
4. Support for family of serving Armed Forces personal
Examples of activity includes:
- Launching a work experience programme aimed at both able bodied and injured personnel to support those transitioning.
- Seeking to pro-actively advertise job vacancies on external military support sites and sites aimed at military family members.
- Won a Silver Award from the MOD for the support that we provide colleagues who serve as reservists. We have reviewed our policies to ensure maximum support and through internal communication publicise reservists employed by LBG and the mutual benefit for LBG and the Armed Forces.
- LBG recently made a substantial financial donation to the Defence National and Rehabilitation Centre to support those recovering from injuries.
- Enhanced ability to identify our military customers and removal of barriers to them, and their family members, when interacting with the Bank whilst on active duty.
For over 320 years, Lloyd Banking Group has been at the heart of the British economy – making a difference to the lives of customers, businesses and communities. All of this is motivated by our purpose to help Britain prosper. It’s this shared purpose that guides us and makes us unique, enabling colleagues to have a genuine impact.
We operate in an ever changing industry and as a Group we all have the significant opportunity of helping to shape the financial services of the future. We have a proud heritage of leading the way and and we continue adapting, through simplification, digitization and innovation, to enable our colleagues to better serve our customers.
The scale, reach and breadth of our Group also means that our colleagues have more opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Colleagues courage to test new ways of working will ensure we can keep up with changing customer expectations.
Our colleagues are united by our shared, values-led culture that will help us to achieve our vision of becoming best bank for customers. Our supportive, diverse and inclusive workforce means colleagues are valued and driven to thrive, whatever their background, to build the future they want. We need agile, collaborative colleagues who are committed to fulfilling our vision and purpose, whilst living our values – putting customers first, keeping it simple and making a difference together.