Our continued commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
National Express is committed to supporting the Armed Forces community. We support the values of the Armed Forces in many ways, including;
National Express Coach division was the first company in the UK to sign a military covenant in 2013 and last year, extended the promise with new pledges that now cover both the UK coach and bus businesses.
The package of new pledges will:
- Offer guaranteed interviews to service leavers for all National Express roles across Coach and Bus (originally only available to those with a PCV licence)
- Inclusion of spouses and families of service leavers in its guaranteed interview scheme
- Provision of ten days extra leave for staff in the Reserve Forces
- 60% discount on coach travel for serving personnel including group bookings
- Discounted bus travel on the West Midlands network
- Free bus travel to families visiting soldiers at the Military Hospital at the QE in Birmingham and to volunteers on Remembrance Sunday
- Discounts are available via the Defence Discount Scheme.
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East.
With 5,500 employees, UK Bus is one of the largest employers in the West Midlands. We are the market leader in the UK’s largest urban bus market outside of London with services operated from nine garages across the West Midlands. We also run urban bus services in the cities of Coventry and Dundee.
We are the UK’s largest operator of scheduled coach services, running high frequency services linking more than 650 destinations across the country.
We are recognised for our passion for safety and being a community focused transport supplier with great progression opportunities, whichever route you decide to take! We pride ourselves on supporting the local community which is why we have signed the covenant, and guarantee interviews to Armed Forces leavers as well as families!