Our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
NELFT (North East London Foundation Trust) is committed to supporting the Armed Forces community and recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our organisation. We strive to support the values of the Armed Forces Covenant in many ways, including:
- We will always consider offering an interview to spouses/partners if they meet the selection criteria laid out in a job
- We will support spouses and partners to work flexibly enabling them to achieve a work/life balance;
- We will support training and development which helps staff not only in their NELFT role, but will also be of benefit in future employment;
- We will look sympathetically on requests for leave before, during or after a partner’s deployment according to
- We will grant special paid leave for employees who are bereaved or whose loved ones are injured;
- We support our staff who are Reservists and Cadet Adult Instructor Volunteers by providing 10 days paid leave per
year to undertake training/attend annual camp.
NELFT provides an extensive range of integrated community and mental health services for people living in the London boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Barnet, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest and community health services for people living in the south west Essex areas of Basildon, Brentwood and Thurrock. We provide an Emotional Wellbeing Mental Health Service for children and young people across the whole of Essex. We are the provider of all age eating disorder services and child and adolescent mental health services across Kent and Medway.
North East London NHS Foundation Trust will be having a joint Step Into Health/ Armed Forces NHS Careers Insight Event with Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on Friday, the 29th of November 2019 from 9:30am to 12:30pm. You will be able to discover more about the range of opportunities, job roles and working life in two successful NHS Foundation Trusts.