Our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
Royal Dornoch Golf Club is committed to supporting the Armed Forces community, recognising what the personnel in all areas, be they serving, Reservists, Veterans or the families themselves, have given to their role and the forces and what these skills could mean for our golf club.
We will strive to support them in many ways, such as:
• We will always consider offering an interview to spouses/partners if they meet the selection criteria laid out in the job advert
• We will support training and development which helps staff not only in their roles at the golf club but that could also benefit them in future employment roles
• Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation
• Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
• Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
• Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
• Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible
• Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
Royal Dornoch Golf Club while being a private members club welcomes new friends seven days a week and looks forward to sharing its courses and facilities with members, their guests and visitors. It takes very seriously what golf brings to the town of Dornoch and works hard to ensure that the economic benefits are realised to their utmost to ensure the prosperity of town, the surrounding area as well as the club.
We continue to invest in our employees, not just then number we employee but their skills, health and wellbeing. We know that they are the lynch pin of the organisation and therefore ensure that they are as well-equipped as possible to service the needs of the wide variety of customers we have,
With our Championship Course ranked number 4 in the world we have a brand that is recognised in all corners but we know that community is at the heart and wish to make sure we have an image and openness that works for our local members and well as those travelling many miles to sample what we have to offer.